This is another little reference list I should have created some time ago. It covers a series of posts on interpreting parallel execution plans and understanding where the work happens.
- Part 1 – The basis of parallel executions strategies
- Part 2 – The table definitions for the demonstration, with serial plan
- Part 3 – Hinting and understanding the Broadcast plan
- Part 4 – Table queues and Bloom filters
- Part 5 – The effects of hash/hash distribution and hash join buffered
I may add further links to this page in the future relating to other aspects of parallel execution.