Oracle9iAS (22.214.171.124.1) Portal Installation On Windows 2000
Oracle 9iAS Portal is a web-based development tool allowing rapid development of portal style web applications. In this article I'll briefly describe the installation of Oracle Infrastructure, a prerequisite, and Oracle Portal.
- Download Software
- Hosts File
- Set Pagefile Size
- Infrastructure Installation
- Post Infrastructure Installation
- Portal Installation
- Post Portal Installation
- Portal Usage
- Starting and Stopping Services
Download the Oracle installation files from otn.oracle.com.
The "c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" file must contain a fully qualified name for the server.
<IP-address> <fully-qualified-machine-name> <machine-name>
Set Pagefile Size
- Start the Control Panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel).
- Double-click on the "System" icon.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Click the "Performance Options..." button.
- If the "Inital Size" value is less than 1024 change it to 1024 and click the "Set" button.
- Click the "OK" buttons on all dialogs to exit.
Start the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) by double-clicking on the "Disk1setup.exe".
During the installation select the appropriate ORACLE_HOME for infrastructure (C:\oracle\infra) and select the infrastructure installation.
Post Infrastructure Installation
On completion of the infrastructure installation perform the following tasks.
- Connect to the Enterprise Manager Website (http://<fully-qualified-machine-name>:1810) using the username "ias_admin" and the password you assigned during the installation. If EM is not available start it by starting the associated service or with the "emctl start" command.
- On the infrastructure application section click the "Restart All" option and accept any confirmation messages. Once the screen is redisplayed all services should be available. If any are not you cannot proceed until they are.
- Stop enterprise manager by stopping the associated service or with the "emctl stop" command.
Start the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) by double-clicking on the Disk1setup.exe.
During the installation select the appropriate ORACLE_HOME for portal (c:\oracle\portal) and select the application server installation, with the portal and wireless option.
Post Portal Installation
On completion of the portal installation perform the following tasks.
- Start Enterprise Manager service or issue the "emctl start" command. Connect to the Enterprise Manager Website (http://<fully-qualified-machine-name>:1810) using the username "ias_admin" and the password you assigned during the installation.
- On the portal application section click the "Restart All" option and accept any confirmation messages. Once the screen is redisplayed all services should be available.
With all the services running you can start using portal at the following URL.
The port number for portal can vary depending on the installation but it is recorded in the "c:\oracle\portal\Apache\Apache\setupinfo.txt" file.
Once at this page you can login using either "portal", the portal DBA user, or "portal_admin", the portal administrator user. The passwords will be the value assigned during the installation.
Starting and Stopping Services
The service can be started and stopped using the services dialog, by Enterprise Manager Website or using the following commands.
Rem Start everything dbstart lsnrctl start agentctl start oidmon start oidctl server=oidldapd instance=1 configset=1 start dcmctl start -cl emctl start Rem Stop everything emctl stop dcmctl shutdown oidctl server=oidldapd instance=1 configset=1 stop oidmon stop agentctl stop lsnrctl stop dbshut
Once the services are started up they should be restarted using Enterprise Manager.
Hope this helps. Regards Tim...