I just noticed a new version of MobaXterm has been released. Not totally sure what has changed in 6.2. I can’t seem to find a changelog.
Fun, fun, fun…
Update: Fidel pointed out the obvious changelog. Shows how observant I am.
Comments are closed.
MobaXterm 6.2… | The ORACLE-BASE Blog http://t.co/NypM7ErxXL
The changelog for 6.2 is as follows. I’ve got the paid for version, so the free version might have a lesser changelog:
– Added new advanced tabs with move, detach, pin, rename and scroll features (thanks to the great component TChromeTabs)
– You can now launch MobaXterm sessions from a web page: this allows Sysadmins to publish shortcuts to pre-defined sessions (SSH, XDMCP, telnet, rlogin, SFTP, FTP, …) on the company intranet
– Improved context-sensitive help by adding several tooltips, especially for SSH, RDP and X11 session settings
– MobaXterm now remembers the last launched session and automatically selects it on startup
– Added the “ttySxx” device name at microcom startup for easy file transfers using lrzsz
– Reverted to the previous way of managing SSH passwords and passphrase: the popup asking for password is now only displayed if MobaXterm is started hidden, or if it is needed for the gateway SSH server
– Added 2 new options for reconnecting or saving session after it stopped
– Added the “balance” load balancer application
– The “newtab” command can now take arguments in order to launch commands in the new tab
– The SFTP browser is no longer launched when using scp, sftp or ssh with a non-interactive command
– Added a button for importing PuTTY and SCRT sessions
– Added a new tab menu entry for going fullscreen on the 2nd monitor
– Corrected Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut for pasting into the terminal
– Corrected some other keyboard shortcuts (especially Alt+character or Ctrl+character)
– Corrected non-printable characters in some man pages
– Corrected a bug: Ssh-agent was not working properly
– Corrected a bug: rsync did not worked correctly with ssh client
– Added a new right-click option in SFTP browser for opening files with the default associated program
– Added new X11 fonts for very big and very small text
– Added a “check for updates” option in the “About” window
@Norman: Cool. Where did you find the changelog? Am I just being a Muppet?
because I paid for it, I got an email telling me about the new version, and with the changelog attached.
I simply copied and pasted it!
Tim Hall: MobaXterm 6.2…: I just noticed a new version of MobaXterm has been released. Not totally sure what h… http://t.co/xqiowpi3Jo
I also had a search around the Mobatek site – I’m in the same boat as you there. I can’t find the change log either.
@Norman: I don’t feel so stupid now.
You find the changelog in the download page. scroll down (http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html)
@Fidel: LOL. I’m so blind.
Wow, first I have heard of this.
Is it is cool as appears is could be?
@Jared: It’s better than it looks.