Just before I left for OpenWorld I started a competition to win 5 vouchers for an OCP beta exam, kindly donated by Oracle Certification. I’ve just got back, so it’s time to announce the winners.
(1) In first place comes Steve Karam, with not one, not two, but three entries, including one to the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I met Steve at OOW2013 and he kindly offered to forgo the prize if I felt someone else was more deserving, but he was head and shoulders above the rest, so he simply must get a prize!
(2) Next up is Luís Marques with strong entry using rhyming couplets. I think that is what they are called anyway.
(3) Osama Mustafa comes in a solid third.
(4) Daniele Pasian snagged fourth place by cleverly mentioning he is trying to convert from the dark side (SQL Server) to Oracle. If nothing else you’ve got the sympathy vote right there.
The poetry stopped at fourth place, so I switched judging criteria and reverted to first-come-first-served…
(5) For being the first entrant in the competition, the fifth prize goes to Kristy Noms Silva.
If you check your mail boxes you should find your voucher codes there. If you think you won’t get to use them, let me know and I will pass them on to one of the other entrants.
Well done to all the entrants and thank you to Oracle Certification for providing the prizes.
PS. If you want another chance to win, a similar competition is being run for the same exam vouchers here.