Not sure if this is the correct section for this question.
I would like to ask if I could use your instructions for creating ASM disks in the Oracle RAC on OL6 in virtualbox to create ASM disks for use in a single instance database. What I have done so far, all based on your various articles is
1) Install Virtualbox on Mac OSX
2) Install Oracle Linux 6.4 Guest OS
3) Downloaded the zip files for 11gR2 1 and 2 of 7.
4) Base on your instructions created the asm disks and attached them to the virtualbox.
Things still needed to be done
1) configure the udev rules
2) install the database software
Then it occurred to me maybe I should not be doing this.