This forum is currently locked. You can't register or post questions at this time. (read more)

DB ISSUES BETWEEN REMOTE AND LOCAL SYSTEMS

All posts relating to Oracle database administration.

Moderator: Tim...

mdsirajoddin

DB ISSUES BETWEEN REMOTE AND LOCAL SYSTEMS

Postby mdsirajoddin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Tim,

Hope you are doing well.. May Almighty help you to be healthy so that you can help the people in this aspect.

My query is:

I have a Production Server configured in one Plant and 5-6 client systems in the same plant with the LAN Speed 100.0 MBPS to 1.0 GBPS and 2-3 Client Systems in another plant which is connected through Remote Speeds upto 10.0 MBPS. Now the problem is, I am processing wages for 280 employees through Remote Client systems it is taking around 2 Hours. The same wages process running through the Client machines in LAN are taking only 1 hour.

Clearance is only need to click the [Proforma] Button to process the wages. The whole process will work in Server only and will give the confirmation pop up at the end like "280 employees processed.".

The whole process is going through the server, Hope it may not be the Bandwidth issue(speed issue).

PRODUCTION SERVER DETAILS:

Code: Select all

SQL: SHOW SGA
Total System Global Area           612368384 bytes
Fixed Size                    1298160 bytes
Variable Size                   146800912 bytes
Database Buffers             457179136 bytes
Redo Buffers                   7090176 bytes

I have one more system of Development Server which contains only one client (my) machine and configured as below.

DEVELOPMENT SERVER DETAILS:

Code: Select all

SQL: SHOW SGA
Total System Global Area    1258291200 bytes
Fixed Size                    1250548 bytes
Variable Size                   109054732 bytes
Database Buffers            1140850688 bytes
Redo Buffers                   7135232 bytes

In this system its taking only 10 minutes for process. Hope there is no traffice and configured good, so it may taking less time...

But Tim, Can you please clearify me why its taking varied time for various location where the process is only through Server and there is no traffic in whole process..

Thanks in Advance.. 8)

Tim...
Site Admin

Re: DB ISSUES BETWEEN REMOTE AND LOCAL SYSTEMS

Postby Tim... » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 am

Hi.

The only way to know why it is taking so long is to trace the process.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/mis ... tkprof.php

Only then will you know what is using all the elapsed time. If the trace is full of network messages, then you know it is network traffic that is the problem. If not, then it is not.

It sounds odd that you say all the work is done on the server, yet running the client from different locations affected the speed of the process. that certainly doesn;t sound like a server-based operation to me. It suggests the client is repeatedly sending/receiving information to/from the server.

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: http://www.oracle-base.com
My blog: http://www.oracle-base.com/blog

Return to “Oracle Database Administration”