1) You should be using Grid Control to do just about everything to RAC. The local DBConsole is not idea for RAC and is not supported for Data Guard environments at all.
2) Assuming you are using Grid Control, almost all the monitoring is available out-of-the-box.
3) Backups should be taken using RMAN. If you are using Grid Control, you can schedule the default backup and that is fine. If you have custom needs, then obviously, set the appropriate parameters when defining the job.
4) Consider making specific backups of the OCR location and voting disks.
5) Test failure of all parts of the system, including loss of OCR location and votoing disks, as well as database recoveries.
Remember, Grid Control does not cost any additional money, provided you are using it to monitor servers that are properly licensed. If you are going to use it, you will need to place it on separate hardware, so that failure of any existing hardware will not cause GC to fail.