This forum is currently locked. You can't register or post questions at this time. (read more)

transfer data from oracle table to windows server

All posts relating to Oracle PL/SQL development.

Moderator: Tim...

colesga

transfer data from oracle table to windows server

Postby colesga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi

I am looking for any suggestions to get data from an oracle table to a flat csv file on a windows server.

I am using oracle 11.2G running on oracle enterprize linux 5.9.

I have so far created a flat csv file on the oracle server using utl_file. My issue is i cant seem to transfer this file from the oracle server to windows server.

The options i have looked at are filezilla to use scp or rcp. I have even considered ftp but issues making sure the windows process doesnt pick file up before i have sent it all (all the checks to do to make sure file gets there ok e,g size/format).

I was running single line unix commands using the host command procedure 1) scp/rcp 2)unix script with all ftp cmds and checks in.

Any simpler or better options would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Gary

Tim...
Site Admin

Re: transfer data from oracle table to windows server

Postby Tim... » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi.

When you say this, "but issues making sure the windows process doesn't pick file up before i have sent it all", do you mean you are pulling the file directly back into the working directory? What I would normally do is pull the file back into a temp directory, then once that is complete, move it to the working directory. Provided the temp and working directory are on the same disk/array, this should be almost instantaneous.

I would probably use command line WinSCP (or something similar) to grab the file using the method described above.

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: http://www.oracle-base.com
My blog: http://www.oracle-base.com/blog

Return to “Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Development”