This forum is currently locked. You can't register or post questions at this time. (read more)

pre check and post check steps of database creation

All posts relating to Oracle database administration.

Moderator: Tim...

royalyogi

pre check and post check steps of database creation

Postby royalyogi » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Today one interviewer asked me. What pre check steps do you follow before going to create the oracle database on window server 2008 and windows XP
My Answer: will check permission, memory and space But interviewer told you are wrong.

Kindly let me know what is pre check and post check steps of database creation on window server 2008 and window XP

mattyb

Re: pre check and post check steps of database creation

Postby mattyb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:59 pm

If you've already installed the binaries, then I'd say only space. Any other checks should have been done when the binaries are installed. Of course if you have a picky interviewer you may reply with different filesystems for temp, redo, datafiles etc. Maybe he's (or she's) thinking of a service account created or something like that.

Matt

Tim...
Site Admin

Re: pre check and post check steps of database creation

Postby Tim... » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi.

I would suggest you look through the installation guide for Windows. There are a whole host of things they may want you to talk about, including disk setup for use with ASM. The user you install and run the windows services under. The user you run the scheduler under. All the considerations are in the installation manual for Windows.

You don't need to necessarily know how to do them all, but it's worth knowing what the main things are.

Possibly the answer was, don't use Windows for Oracle databases. :)

Cheers

Tim...
Tim...
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OakTable Member
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: http://www.oracle-base.com
My blog: http://www.oracle-base.com/blog

Return to “Oracle Database Administration”