Cool New Features for Developers in 18c and 12c
I normally write an article for each conference presentation I do, but my presentation by this name is a series of live demos, so an article isn't really appropriate. Instead here is a links page to all the articles referenced by the conference presentation of the same name.
This is not supposed to be an exhaustive list of new features, just some that stand out for me, and some that others may not have noticed.
- JSON Data Guide (12.2) : Video
- SQL/JSON (12.2) : Video
- PL/SQL Objects for JSON (12.2)
- Real-Time Materialized Views (12.2) : Video
- Row Limiting Clause (12.1) : Video
- Qualified Expressions (18)
- Polymorphic Table Functions (18)
- Approximate Query Processing (12.1, 12.2, 18) : Video1 & Video2
- Private Temporary Tables (18) : Video
- DBMS_SESSION.SLEEP (18)
- External Table Enhancements (12.2 & 18) : Video
- Case Insensitive Queries (12.2) : Video
Hope this helps. Regards Tim...