Last week there was a little episode where the 220.127.116.11 patchset was released, as noted here:
- The patching nightmares are over (18.104.22.168.0)…
- 22.214.171.124 Patch Set For Oracle Database Server
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Patchset 1 (126.96.36.199) Is Now Available, But This Is Not Just An Announcement Blog Entry.
Many of us started downloading it. Some (like me) got a full download, while others got cut off part way through when the patch was pulled from MOS. Someone on twitter mentioned the patch is scheduled for an October release (can’t find the tweet now), so I guess it was put live by accident. Who knows what changes, if any, will happen between now and then, so I would suggest that anyone who managed to get hold of the patch redownload it when it is eventually released, just in case they miss something important. Having said that, the OUI now checks for updates, so it is probably safe.
Even though the patch set is not on general release at the moment, there is plenty of information available to get yourself ready for it.
- Important Changes to Oracle Database Patch Sets Starting With 188.8.131.52 [MOS ID 1189783.1]
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (184.108.40.206) New Features