- ol8_ords : This build is based on “oraclelinux:8-slim” and includes OpenJDK 12, Tomcat 9, ORDS 19, SQLcl 19 and the APEX 19 images.
- ol8_19 : This build is based on “oraclelinux:8-slim” and includes the 19c database and APEX 19.
- ol8_183 : This build is based on “oraclelinux:8-slim” and includes the 18c database and APEX 19.
There are also some new compose files, so I could test database and ORDS containers working together.
Everything worked fine, but here come the inevitable warnings and comments.
- The Oracle database is not certified on Oracle Linux 8 yet, so the database builds are just for playing around, not a recommendation.
- The database preinstall packages don’t exist yet, so I installed the main required packages with DNF, but I didn’t do some of the additional manual setup I would normally do, so it’s not a perfect example of an installation. I assume the preinstall packages will eventually be released, and I will substitute them in.
- The ORDS build is not subject to the same certification restrictions as the database, so as far as I know, I could consider using this, although the build I use for work differs a little to this and is still using Oracle JDK 8 and Tomcat 8.5.