It’s nearly time for the madness to start again. This will be my 14th trip to San Francisco for OpenWorld, and however many it is since Java One and Code One got wrapped up into this…
- Flights booked : ✔
- Hotel booked : ✔
- ESTA approved : ✔
- Irrational fear of flying and general anxiety : ✔
- 80 lbs weight loss : ❌
- Talk complete : ❌
- Denial : ✔
At the moment the scheduled stuff looks like this.
- 03:00 UK time : Start the trip over to SF. I know I said I would never do this again, and I know what the consequences will be…
- Evening SF time : Groundbreaker Ambassador Dinner
Saturday : Day : ACE Director Briefing
- Day : Groundbreaker Ambassador Briefing
- Evening : Oracle ACE Dinner
Session ID: DEV1314
The Seven Deadly Sins of SQL
Date: 17th Sept 2019
Time: 11:30 – 12:15
Thursday : Fly home.
Friday : Arrive home, have a post-conference breakdown and promise myself I’ll never do it again…
In addition to those I have to schedule in the following:
- A shift on the Groundbreakers Hub, but I’m not sure what day or what demo yet. I’ll probably hang around there a lot anyway.
- Meet a photographer to get some photos done. I’ve told them they’ve got to be tasteful and “only above the waist”.
- Spend some time annoying everyone on the demo grounds. I know Kris and Jeff are desperate to see me. It’s the highlight of their year!
- Stalk Wim Coekaerts, whilst maintaining an air of ambivalence, so as not to give the game away. Can anyone else hear Bette Midler singing “Wind Beneath My Wings”? No? Just me?
There’s a whole bunch of other stuff too, but I’ve not got through all my emails yet. Just looking at this is giving me the fear. So much for my year off conferences…
See you there!