Not sure if this is the correct section for this question.
I would like to ask if I could use your instructions for creating ASM disks in the Oracle RAC on OL6 in virtualbox to create ASM disks for use in a single instance database. What I have done so far, all based on your various articles is
1) Install Virtualbox on Mac OSX
2) Install Oracle Linux 6.4 Guest OS
3) Downloaded the zip files for 11gR2 1 and 2 of 7.
4) Base on your instructions created the asm disks and attached them to the virtualbox.
Things still needed to be done
1) configure the udev rules
2) install the database software
Then it occurred to me maybe I should not be doing this.
The process is pretty much the same as far as ASM is concerned, whether it is RAC or non-RAC, so you should be fine to carry on with this.
Oracle ACE Director
Oracle ACE of the Year 2006 - Oracle Magazine Editors Choice Awards
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer
Oracle Database: SQL Certified Expert
My website: https://oracle-base.com
My blog: https://oracle-base.com/blog
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest