I am an Oracle Developer - since around 1998.
I have been out of the game for a few years - various reasons.
Finding it tough to get back in, recruitment agents regard it suspiciously.
I am planning on doing some certification - it is the only way I can improve my CV.
I am looking to upgrade my Associate PL/SQL Developer to a Professional. This should not be too hard, I am very comfortable with PL/SQL these days.
I figure I will get this cert, and see how the job market is. Then I will look into the Java side.
Just a developer really, I know its tough out there, but there are jobs around.
So just an introduction,
As you know, certification is not going to automatically get you a job, but I think anything helps... You can read my thoughts on certification here:
https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/o ... stions.php
Just thinking out loud, if you have some time on your hands, you might want to think about blogging a bit. This can have some advantages while you are looking for a job:
- You can put your blog on your CV.
- Even if it is not paid for work, it shows you are actively using PL/SQL.
- It will be good as a possible talking point in an interview.
- Writing helps you develop your communication skills. That should be attractive to a company as documentation and knowledge spreading is important.
- It will help other people.