Oracle Cloud : Free Tier Account Sign-Up
This article demonstrates how to sign up for an Oracle Cloud Free Tier account, giving you access to a number of free tier services.
The screens change a little with each quarterly release of Oracle Cloud. Even so, the screen shots in this article will give you a good idea of what is involved.
Open a browser and go to https://www.oracle.com/cloud/free/. Click the "Start for free" button.
Enter your email address and Country, then click the "Next" button.
Enter your details and click the "Next: Verify Mobile Number" button. You might get an address validation message. If so, follow the instructions.
Wait for the SMS message to confirm the mobile number. Enter the verification code, then press the "Verify Code" button. If you have problems with this step, click the "Chat Support" link and they can verify the number for you.
Enter your password and click the "Next: Payment Information" button.
Click the "Add Credit Card Details" button, and add a card as instructed. The screen explains you will only be charged if you upgrade the account.
Once you've added a credit card, check the terms and conditions checkbox and click the "Complete Sign-Up" button.
Wait while the account is created. Once complete you will be presented with the "Sign In" screen. Enter the credentials (email and password) you supplied during the sign up process.
You will be presented with the entry screen.
You can use the "Quick Actions", or click the hamburger menu at the top-left to see the full list of actions.
Here are some articles to get you started using the services on Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) : Create a Compartment
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) : Create a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN)
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) : Create a Compute VM
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) : Amend Firewall Rules
- Oracle Cloud : Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) - Create Service
- Oracle Cloud : Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP) - Create Service
- Oracle Cloud : Autonomous Database (ADW or ATP) - Load Data from an Object Store (DBMS_CLOUD)
- Oracle Cloud : Autonomous Database (ADW or ATP) - Import Data from an Object Store (impdp)
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) : Create a Database VM
For more information see:
Hope this helps. Regards Tim...