Well, it seems the answer is yes.
I’ve spent a few minutes over lunch checking out my website stats, something I try to avoid most of the time for fear of becoming obsessive. Some things that stood out were:
- The country with the biggest hit-rate is the USA, with about twice as many hits as India in second place. This was quite a surprise because when I’ve checked in the past I’ve typically had more hits from Asia than the US.
- As far as the US is concerned, I’ve got hits from all the states, but most come from California. At equal second come Texas and New York.
- I don’t have any visits at all this month from Turkmenistan, Somalia, French Guiana, North Korea, Central African Republic, Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leon, Western Sahara or Chad. If you can hear me, I only want one click. 🙂
- IE has 63% of the browser market, with Firefox (go on boys!) on 33%. The rest are fighting over scraps.
- Google is the only search engine. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that there were others, but I for one can’t remember what their names are, and it seems like you guys can’t either!
I’ve got to stop looking at them now or I’ll get all weird about trying to spread the word in Africa… 🙂
Based on John Scott’s comment, I checked the screen resolutions. Approximately 2.5% of visits were done with a resolution of 800×600. Who’d a thunk it! 🙂
Most are between 1024×768 and 1280×1024, with a few, including me, on 1920×1200…