If filled out my ACE Director Annual Self Evaluation today. Between 1st June 2011 and now, which is about 10 months, I did the following:
- Over 40 new website articles (close to 1 a week). This does not include rewrites of existing articles, some of which I could legitimately claim as new articles, since they bear* little resemblance to the originals.
- Over 150 new blog posts (every other day, give or take).
- Over 3500 new forum posts (about 11 a day).
- 9 conference events.
- A random assortment of Twitter, G+, Facebook, LinkedIn and email messages.
It’s quite scary when you list it like that. 🙂
* I had to check if it was bare or bear. How sad. 🙂
Unfortunately I’ve just had to pull out of the Austrian Oracle User Group conference in Vienna in June. It’s a one day conference and only one of my papers was selected. The ACED travel support requires that at least two* papers are selected before you can apply for approval, so that knocks me out of the running. Sorry for any inconvenience to the organizers. On the positive side, another slot has opened up in the schedule for someone else to present. 🙂
As a note to other ACEDs, make sure conference organizers are fully aware of the conditional nature of your application. I always try to remind people that I can only come if I get travel approval, but in this case that message got lost somewhere down the chain.
* This is not a recent change to the policy. It has been the case for as long as I can remember.
Just a couple of weeks after the last release, to make sure we didn’t think it was an April fools joke, Oracle waited until April 2nd to release VirtualBox 4.1.12 into the wild. 🙂
You can see the changelog here.