- Tom Kyte : Oracle Optimizer : What’s new in the Oracle Database 12c?
- Mike Dietrich : Hitchhiker’s Guide to Oracle Database Upgrades
After Mike’s session we went out for lunch at a Tempura place. I had vegetable tempura. Very nice!
Tom took great pleasure in saying things like, “You’re only saying that because you get those cheques from Oracle every month…”, after everything I said. 🙂 For those that don’t understand the joke, read these blog posts (Fanboy, Oracle Bitch, Follow Up).
The afternoon sessions were:
- Tom Kyte : Why Engineered Systems?
- Mike Dietrich : Multitenant in the Real World
- Craig Shallahamer : Introduction to Time-Based Performance Analysis : Stop the guessing!
- Tim Hall (me) : PL/SQL : Stop making the same performance mistakes.
- Francisco Munoz Alvarez : Oracle 12c Backup & Recovery – What is new?
Presenting so late on the second day was really tough. I just wanted to climb into bed and sleep. I had to miss a couple of slides out as I ran out of time, but it’s all backed by an article, so people can fill in the gaps later if they are interested.
After the event we went out to eat and few brave souls went out to Karaoke.
I’d like to extend a big thank you everyone involved in the setup of the event, especially Noriko, who went out of her way to make everything as simple as possible for us. I look forward to seeing you all again.
Tomorrow is an early start for the flight to Beijing, so I’ll probably post an update once I land and get into the hotel there.