It was an early start. I was awake at about 03:00, playing catch-up with all my real-life stuff, then it was off to the Gold Coast event.
The day started with a keynote by Stu Keast called “Oracle ERP Data Maintenance Made Easy”, speaking about More4Apps solutions.
The rest of the day was split into two tracks, with the following sessions.
- “Hadoop for Oracle DBAs” by Satyendra Kumar Pasalapudi
- “Discovering the power of Big Data in Oracle EBS Information Discovery” by Gustavo Gonzalez
- “Pluggable Databases – What they will break and why you should use them anyway!” by me
- “Big Data – A database dinosaur’s point of view” by Connor McDonald
- “Secure Your Database in a Single Day” by Arup Nanda
- “Make services work for you” by Bjoern Rost
- “New Features in the Next Generation of Oracle Database” by Connor McDonald
- “A hitchhikers guide to free Oracle tuning tools” by Bjoern Rost
- “Becoming a Multitenant DBA” by Arup Nanda
- “Engineered Data Protection for Oracle Databases: Oracles Zero Data Loss Recovery ApplianceOracle Storage” by Michael Terzini
- “Improving the Performance of PL/SQL Function Calls from SQL.” by me
- “WebLogic 12c: What You Need to Know” by Dr. Frank Munz
- “Don’t Develop – Compose your Mobile Application Easily with Oracle Mobile Cloud Service” by Jason Lowe
- “Docker in the Oracle Universe” by Dr. Frank Munz
- “Testing and verifying your MySQL backup strategy” by Ronald Bradford
Thanks to everyone at IAOUG putting this event together on relatively short notice. Thanks to everyone who came and supported the event. Thanks also to the ACE Program for getting me here!
Tomorrow I start the horrific journey home! 🙂