I left the hotel a little late, but the airport was literally across the road, so it was no big deal. Having a business class ticket meant I checked in immediately (+1) and even had time to hit the lounge (+2). High class swanky time, and without needing to be signed in for once.
Boarding the flight was pretty straight forward. Once again, the business class ticket gives priority boarding (+3), without me having to tag along with Debra.
The KLM flight from Lima, Peru to Amsterdam, Netherlands was about 12 hours and 30 minutes, but it was a great flight. Upgrading to business class was a great move. I find it really hard to sleep in an upright position, so being able to lie flat is awesome (+4). I was in a seat with nobody either side of me, so I felt really isolated, which made sleeping even easier. These long flights are so much better if you can get some sleep!
Aside from sleeping, I watched:
- Wild Card : Not too bad. I like quite a few of the films Jason Statham has been in. Even the bad ones.
- Seventh Son : Typically fantasy stuff. Witches, dragons and slayers etc. Quite good, but Jeff Bridges voice annoyed me.
- The Big Lebowski : Seeing Jeff Bridges in the previous film made me want to re-watch this film, where his voice does not annoy me.
- The Amityville Horror : Slept through a lot of it. I’ve seen it before. It’s an OK remake I guess.
- The Green Lantern : OK. I know it is a pretty poor film, but I just scanned through to find clips that looked cool.
The staff were really pleasant and helpful. All in all a very good experience and well worth the money in my opinion.
On arriving in Amsterdam, I headed over to the lounge to see if I could get in. I’m not sure how other lounges work, but KLM allow you in on arrival as well as departure (+5), which is awesome, because I’m stuck here for about 6 hours in total. If I had spent 14 hours in Lima airport and 12.5 hours in economy, I would be feeling totally psycho by now. As it is, I’m feeling pretty good. Hopefully, by the time I get home I will be tired enough to sleep and I can wake up and go to work as normal tomorrow…
So for me, that was +5 for the flight upgrade. Thanks KLM! I could get addicted to this, and very poor.
I’ll write a wrap-up post when I get home…
PS. I’ve also got some quick montage videos of the conferences to edit when I get home, provided the footage I’ve got works OK…