Over the months I’ve come into contact with several people who have competed for the the title of my Pool Nemesis, including:
- Really slow, floats with the current, guy.
- Middle of the lane backstroke guy with wide flappy arms.
- Three quarters of a length diagonal lane swimmer girl.
- Doesn’t swim much but gets in the way when I’m trying to turn girl.
- Swim half a length and stop to talk to the life guard dude.
- Refuse to swim in a clockwise clockwise direction in the lane, even when asked by the life guard, guy.
- Stand still and chill out about 5 metres away from the edge of the lane girl.
- Lean against the lane rope pusing it 1 metre into the lane girl.
I think today I met my true Pool Nemesis. She had drawn some of her super powers from virtually everyone I have encountered in the past. You’ve got to respect someone that can pull together so many different skills and integrate them seamlessly into a single package. Truely worthy of the title! 🙂