Last night I put out a video of my trip home.
- The travelling sounds kind-of glamorous, but most of it is very dull. Being at different places is great. Travelling to and from them is as dull as ditch water. A series of clips of walking down corridors, standing in queues, taking shuttles, planes and taking trains really shows how much hassle it is to do even small trips.
- Although the hotel rooms themselves are nice, it can get hard to remember where you are as they are all the same. 🙂
- I wasn’t expecting it originally, but recording the experience actually makes the process a little more fun and gives me something to focus on.
- There will sometimes be other things that creep into the series that are not there to prove how boring things are. Stuff like sightseeing. Remember, I like being places, I just don’t like getting to/from them. 🙂
I’ll probably continue to do these to keep me occupied while I’m travelling. 🙂
Just a couple of other things to clear up, based on questions/comments.
- The videos of the conferences are a different thing entirely. These are about making memories of the events for myself.
- This is not a “direction change” for the channel. It’s just something for me to do when I’m on the road. When I’m at home I will continue to do the technical stuff.