The January Oracle quarterly patches were released yesterday, which prompted me to do some new builds.
We got Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) 20.4 and SQLcl 20.4, which I use in a number of my Vagrant and Docker builds, so I updated them and ran some builds.
The Vagrant database builds, which include ORDS, can be found here.
The Docker ORDS builds can be found here.
I also updated Tomcat to 9.0.41 and OpenJDK to 11.0.10_9 from AdoptOpenJDK.
Once I finished those I decided to try out the Oracle database 19c (19.10) OJVM+DB combo patch on a single instance build. That went fine. You can see that build here.
Since that went OK, I figured it was worth trying to update my OL8 19c RAC build with the 19.10 OJVM+GI combo patch. That also went fine. You can see that build there.
I wasn’t really expecting to cover so much ground so quickly, but that’s the great thing about automation. 🙂
Tomorrow I’ve got to start putting together all the patch scripts for work. It’s always a bit tedious because I have to deal with a lot more products and variations, and I have to make sure I don’t screw up. Happy patching… 🙂
PS. If you are interesting in ORDS, SQLcl, Vagrant or Docker, these might help.