Just a quick reflection on the UKOUG Tech17 event…
Here are the posts I wrote over the event.
- UKOUG Tech17 : I’m Speaking
- UKOUG Tech17 : Monday
- UKOUG Tech17 : Tuesday
- UKOUG Tech17 : Wednesday
- UKOUG Tech17 : It’s a Wrap! (this post)
Things went pretty well for me this week. My timetable allowed me to come for two full days, which was nice. It’s a lot less stressful when you are not trying to rush in and out from work like I was on Tuesday.
It’s funny walking around the event as it feels like every couple of steps I see someone I want to stop and talk to. I could probably spend the whole event in the lobby just talking to people. 🙂
As usual, some quick thanks:
- Thanks to UKOUG for letting come to present again.
- Thanks to all the people that came to my sessions, came to speak to me during the event and the folks that filled in the session evaluations last year, making my head swell even more. 🙂
- Thanks to Oracle Academy and UKOUG for letting me come and present at the Oracle Academy sessions.
- Thanks to the Oracle ACE Program for organising the briefing and for letting me continue to fly the flag at these events, as well the Developer Champion Program for dragging me into the new world. 🙂
- Thanks to all the other speakers for sharing your knowledge and saving me a load of time Googling…
Next year’s event is in Liverpool, so I’m not sure how that will work out for me. If colleagues still want to come I will probably only be able to come for a single day. If they can’t face the journey I will be able to come for the whole event and stay in a hotel. 🙂