I just got back from watching
The Power Rangers Pacific Rim. What a complete pile of crap! How on earth did that get a 7.9 rating on IMDB? How did it get 71% on Rotten Tomatoes? Am I really that disconnected from the rest of humanity?
I know I’m not target audience, having not had a lobotomy recently, but here are a few quotes I overheard from other people leaving as I did:
- “Don’t ever invite me to a film like that again”
- “How cheesy was that?”
- “That’s two hours of my life I can never get back!”
I went in with such low expectations. I knew it was going to be crap, but I didn’t realise how crap. Here are some random thoughts:
- Acting : Reviews are saying the acting was magnificent. Really? I though it was pretty lame. Just a non-event.
- Plot : You know the last scene in every episode of The Power Rangers, where the monster grows massive and the Power Rangers shout, “It’s morphin’ time!” and group together to make Super Hemorrhoid Zoid? They kind-of made that one scene into a 2 hour film. At least the reviews agree it is devoid of plot. What story it did have felt like a total Independent Day rip-off, and boy did I hate that film!
- Disaster Porn : Yes, there is lots of it, but I don’t really feel it worked well. It was all a bit soulless. It’s not like Cloverfield, where I actually cared about what was happening. This was just dirge. Just standard Michael Bay style crap.
Thank heavens I only paid £3.00 to see it!
PS. Losing my cinema mojo fast…
8 thoughts on “Pacific Rim…”
Pacific Rim… | The ORACLE-BASE Blog http://t.co/9F8u7S6Fz2
but how did you *feel* about it 🙂
I almost felt the same thing in Man of Steel… missing old days of The Thing and movies like that.
Tim, thank you for suffering through this turd so I won’t have to.
Orlando: Yes. Same here.
Bob: Taking one for the team, as always. 🙂
Probably the only reviewers that would touch the movie were 6 year olds who of course would give it a mighty two thumbs up and toss in their toes and a round house kick to boot just before they run out of the room in the their MMPR branded underoos.
Having suffered the indignity of being subjected to the televisions show by those younger than me, I would have turned tail and run screaming from the room without even checking the reviews.
You had more courage than me 😉
Apparently, there is a “mech” sub-culture that loves this sort of dross…
Only redeeming feature of this (I refuse to call it “movie”!) is the SFX.
Everything else is just… Nup, I won’t say for fear minors might read the words coming to mind!
Came for the Oracle, but commenting on the movies..
I loved it. loved it..
I knew what I was getting into when i went to see it. I disengaged the brain and didn’t worry about the implausible physics, the plot holes etc etc.
It was a fun, fast paced action romp!
The scientists tried for quirky and came off boring, and there was too much hellboy, but otherwise, its a solid 4 out of 5 for me.
Comments are closed.