The agenda for “VMware Expert Database Workshop Program Oracle Edition” day 3 was packed and looked something like this.
- “License Fortress from VLSS” by Dean Bolton
- “VMware vSphere Core & SDDC – Networking – NSX & VCNS” by Chris Rohan
- “VMware Experts Event – Brocade and VMware Technology and the VMware Solutions Lab” by Marcus Thordal
- “VMware Integrated Containers and Oracle” by Simon Guyennet
- “VMware Executive Presentation – The CPBU, vSphere and Friends, and the Experts Program” by Mike Adams
- “VMware Experts Event – Pure Storage – Technical Session #2” by Somu Rajarathinam & Ron Ekins
- “High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the SDDC” by Feidhlim O’Leary
- “Management & Monitoring – Blue Medora and Oracle on vSphere” by Alain Geenrits
- “License Audit” by Daniel Hesselink
- “vSphere HA or Oracle RAC, SRM or Data Guard, they are all complimentary when Oracle is run in the SDDC” by Sudhir Balasubramanian
The business proposition from VLSS is super interesting. To put it simply they offer an insurance policy for your Oracle compliance. If you are running Oracle workloads on VMware, or any other platform for that matter, you should definitely look at this!
Since I’m currently going down the rabbit hole with Docker, the vSphere container stuff was pretty interesting. Both what is already GA and what is coming… 🙂
At the end of the last session we recorded a short video question/answer session, which will probably come out in a montage at some point. Kind-of scary and fun mixed together. From there we had a quick tour of Global Support Services (GSS), before heading back to the hotel. Before I knew what happened the last day was done!
In the evening a group of us went out to eat, then it was back to the hotel to chat more about tech, how the workshop had gone, life, the universe and everything. 🙂
I’ll do a proper wrap-up post when I get back home with all the real thank you messages in it, but suffice to say thanks to everyone for making this happen and letting me be a part of it.