As you will have seen from my last post, I’m back in Birmingham after completing the OTN APAC 2014 tour. Here is a list of all the posts I wrote over the course of the tour.
- OTN APAC 2014 : The Journey to Perth
- OTN APAC 2014 : Perth – Day 1
- OTN APAC 2014 : Perth – Day 2
- OTN APAC 2014 : Perth to Shanghai
- OTN APAC 2014 : Shanghai
- OTN APAC 2014 : Shanghai to Tokyo
- OTN APAC 2014 : Tokyo – Day 1
- OTN APAC 2014 : Tokyo – Day 2
- OTN APAC 2014 : Tokyo to Beijing
- OTN APAC 2014 : Beijing – Day 1
- OTN APAC 2014 : Beijing – Day 2 (interviews)
- OTN APAC 2014 : Beijing to Bangkok
- OTN APAC 2014 : Bangkok
- OTN APAC 2014 : Bangkok to Auckland
- OTN APAC 2014 : Auckland Day Off
- OTN APAC 2014 : Auckland – Day 1
- OTN APAC 2014 : Auckland – Day 2
- OTN APAC 2014 : Auckland to Birmingham
At just short of 3 weeks, that was a really long tour, most of which seemed to be in planes. If someone could hurry up and invent a teleport system I would be most grateful!
I feel like the tour went really well. There are a lot of user groups in the Asia Pacific region (see here), whose membership numbers vary considerably. For some of them, overseas speakers are essential to draw people to the events. For others, it is a way of encouraging the members to interact with the English speaking community. Oracle is an American company, so being able to speak English is a distinct advantage if you plan to use Oracle technologies. The bigger user groups, like those in China and Japan, recognise this and encourage people to come to the English sessions.
I’m in a bit of a daze now. I think it’s going to take me a few days to feel vaguely normal again. Back to work tomorrow. 🙂
Now for the thank you list…
- Big thanks go out to all the Oracle user groups, companies and individuals that helped make this tour happen (AUSOUG WA, SHOUG, Insight Technology Inc., ACOUG, OUGTH, NZOUG).
- Thanks to Francisco for his work in bringing this about.
- Thanks to all the attendees. Without your support, none of these events would happen.
- Thanks to all the other speakers for putting up with me.
- Many thanks to Bjoern for being my PA during the start of the tour. I hardly had to do anything. He planned the lot for me. 🙂
- Last, but not least, thanks to the Oracle ACE Program for getting us ACEDs to these events. Your assistance is very welcome!
I hope I get to see you all again soon!
2 thoughts on “OTN APAC 2014 : Summary”
OTN APAC 2014 : Summary : http://t.co/uAI7iZqJqS #OTN #APAC #ACED
cheers mate for making us part of your tour. It’s always great to see you and your sessions.
Comments are closed.