I was planning to cover this subject in a single article, but it got a bit bulky, so I split it down into 6 little articles.
- Partition Maintenance Operations on Multiple Partitions in Oracle Database 12c Release 1
- Partial Indexes for Partitioned Tables in Oracle Database 12c Release 1
- Online Move of Partitions and Sub-Partitions in Oracle 12c Release 1
- Interval-Reference Partitioning in Oracle Database 12c Release 1
- Cascade Functionality for TRUNCATE PARTITION and EXCHANGE PARTITION in Oracle Database 12c Release 1
- Asynchronous Global Index Maintenance for DROP and TRUNCATE Partition in Oracle Database 12c Release 1
I’ve also created a links page to bring them all together.
I guess you could call it a list of nice-to-haves, rather than something revolutionary, but I’m sure someone will come back to me saying one of them has changed their life! 🙂